Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 3 Comment 2 to Ashley Nottis


Ashley’s post:
While reading this week Rule #6 stood out to me with blinking lights and whistles sounding, don’t take yourself so seriously! This year was my first year in a co-teach setting and working with another person all day everyday is not an easy task. The story of the business partners really made me think. We both want the same thing; we just reach that goal in different ways. My co teacher and I do really like each other, and have a lot in common. The fact is we both want to be right and we both want the best for our students. Over the past year we have figured this out, although it has not always been easy. Team work almost ALWAYS requires Rule #6!!



Comment to Ashley:
I think this is one of the best things to take away from the reading.  We all struggle with taking ourselves too seriously sometimes and it is hard to relax and let go at times.  I know I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself and stress out about things that shouldn't be that big of a deal.  This book has really made me take a step back and look at my attitude, behaviors, and way of looking at things!

No comments:

Post a Comment