Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Game Classroom


Game Classroom is a Web 2.0 tool that allows K-6 students to play games while they learn.  The teacher or student can select the appropriate grade level as well as a subject area.


The games mainly focus on the subjects of math or language arts including topics such as fractions, multiplication, spelling, grammar, and much more!  There is a featured math and language arts game.  Each of these games tells you the grade level and topic of the game.  Game Classroom also has a place where students can go for homework help.  
I would definitely use this Web 2.0 in my classroom!  The site is easy to navigate and is engaging for students.  I played several of the games on this site.  The games that I played allowed students who missed a question to attempt it again, which is good for student confidence and motivation.  Students could play the games to practice a new skill they just learned or to review a skill previously learned.  This tool could be used for students who complete their work early or for students who need extra practice on a skill.  Several games had setting where you could choose a difficulty level, which would allow the same games to be used for all learners.  In the past several years, my students have always loved playing games on the SMARTboard.  I would have students beg me to put up a Sudoku puzzle or "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" when we had indoor recess.  I can see students being just as excited and enthusiastic about the games on Game Classroom.
I encourage you to try this Web 2.0 tool in your classroom!  This tool is designed for K-6 students and teachers.

Screenshots taken from: http://www.gameclassroom.com/home

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    I really like this site. Although I only teach social studies and science, we often provide support in Math and Language Arts. I have my students for an additional period a day a "homeroom" period where we are given time to work with our students in an area they maybe struggling in. I could allow my students to use this site to review what they are doing in Math or Language Arts. Thank you for this great tool! I will definitely be using it in the near future.

    ReplyDelete